May 19, 2009

Druid fail-tanking

Noth25, Oh I hate him.  And that was after Military Thaddius25 mini-bosses, where a mage got tossed instead of me, leading to a wipe.  On Noth, it was literally impossible to hold Noth off of the three 3 enhancement shamans, the boomkin, and the mages.  W.T.F.  Am I that bad?  From what I read I didn't think bear threat mechanics were that sucky.  But I woulda given an organ if I could get the Warrior Vigilance talent, for real.  Something, anything, to boost my threat.  So maybe in my head I expect bear tanks should be as high insta threat as paladin tanks, as warrior tanks, and maybe that's just wrong, and I need to "educate" the dps (who don't often run with druid tanks) on that fact.

I love to tank.  I'm just very persnickety about it.  Trigger happy psycho-dps that ignore threat meters piss me the fuck off, and if Im' raid leading they'd be better to NOT raid with me.  That said, I am such a fail tank in Wrath.  It bugs me.  

I tanked in TBC pretty much constantly.  I was a raiding and heroic machine, and Lheaf's reputations and her collection of T3 (which took forever to get the helm) speaks for itself.  I loved it.  I'd like to say I was damn good.  Grinding raids and heroics is about knowing the encounters and knowing the raiders/group members you're with, and anticipating how the 2 will meet.  I can handle that.

Maybe I just need to pop berserk at the begining of those fights and hope it holds, and get back into the habit of yelling at stupid dps on vent.  I can do that.  It does NOT make me happy to have the warrior-that-usually-tanks saying on vent repeatedly "guys let her get aggro/threat" and having the smart dps say it too.  I still feel like a failure.  

But hey last night I got the rest of my NAXX25 clear achievements so I never have to do it again...

Note: I would totally link Lheaf's armory (really you could find her, there's only 4 and she's the only 80) but she's wearing resto gear and I'm embarassed because now I can't change it due to maintenance, and I was playing with this post in my head since Sunday so I really shoulda known better.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I want to see the resto set!! Hahaha :P

    I have had the same issue a few times lately with Drooz, but I don't tank that much, only as a last resort lol. I like it, but we have a good group of tanks already, and I'm pretty good at DPSing on someone else :p The one thing though is that all my feral gear is tanking gear, so my cat DPS is terrible. So if I'm not tanking or healing, I don't usually raid with her, which is sad, cause I love druids.

    ReplyDelete

Custom WoW Feed

Healing in General