Dec 23, 2008

Druid love, druid woe

Kalon stirred up lots of feelings with his "druids are op" post.  I read it with a mixture of sick fascination and horror combined with blankly nodding, as it's all stuff I've heard from my former guild's other bears.

The entire druid tanking experience is so subjective, reading opinions like those shared by Kalon or B^4 or Karthis or Currant or Jac makes my head spin.  

In my (former) raiding guild there were three raiding bears, all similarly geared. I loved to tank, the other two preferred uber cat dps. And since 3.0.1 I've all but abandoned my druid (I even specced balance to try and have some fun with my class again) because I had such a negative reaction to the changes blizzard was building into my tank, and my tanking.

Post 3.0.1 I constantly check in with those former guild bears, and while one crows about his dps and how easy tanking is, the other... I saw as a tree the other day I think, though that was probably due to the healer shortage.  

I'm a tank at heart, which means as a resto shammy I drive my tanks to distraction, but I am not happy with AoE tanking, sloppy dps, and the mana restrictions in this new expansion. But that's just me.

I know other druids like to tank now. But I'll stick to healing my guild paladin tank with my shammy, or destroying things as enhancement. Until I like what Blizzard has done to my druid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom WoW Feed

Healing in General